I am available for speaking engagements within and outside the University of Washington. Topics of expertise include: happiness, emotion, social psychology, and evidence-based teaching.
Recent & upcoming talks
“Positive Psychology Toolbox: Resources for Coping with Challenges.” May 6, 2017. Uniting Voices: Mental Health Conference, Active Minds, University of Washington.
“How Learning Works.” January 2019 (TBD). Dermatology Grand Rounds, School of Medicine, University of Washington. (Note: available only to members of the Department of Dermatology)
“Learning Happiness.” January 9, 2019, Mirabella Seattle. Osher Lifelong Learning Institute – University of Washington. (Note: available only to residents of Mirabella)
“Learning Happiness.” January 15, 2019, location TBD. GrapeVine networking group.
- The How of Happiness, Sonja Lyubomirsky
- Pursuing the Good Life, Christopher Peterson
- Love 2.0: Finding Happiness and Health in Moments of Connection, Barbara Fredrickson
- Stumbling on Happiness, Daniel Gilbert
- Happy Money, Elizabeth Dunn & Michael Norton
- Learned Optimism, Martin Seligman
- Buddha’s Brain, Rick Hanson